Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Blender 3D 1967 Triumph GT6 Model Is Progressing Again!

With all of the different projects that I work on here at the Tinker's Workshop I still try to find time to get back to 3D modeling in Blender.  I started a Blender project 3 months ago ( that long?) and am finally getting  into it once again.  My ball chair project has taken up a large portion of my time over the winter and spring and so I am happy to report that I have dusted off this Blender project and wanted to show you the progress that I have been making with it over the last week or so.


(Click on the pictures for a larger view)


I am proud to finally show off my efforts with this Blender 3D model of this small 1967 Triumph GT6 that I owned for 18 years.  I loved the little car and thought it was about time that I made a decent computer 3D image of it.  I still have a long ways to go with the modeling of the car but I think I am pretty much over the hump so to speak at getting the car into shape and actually looking like a complete car. 
  Lots of trim pieces, rear lights, windows, and interior work still needed to be modeled before I will put my blessing on the project and add it to my Blender portfolio.  For those of you who would like to try your hand at modeling your favorite car using Blender I recommend getting a copy of the Blender 3D training DVD titled Car Modeling and Texturing by Christopher Plush from CGMasters.  This DVD is what I used to get  started in modeling cars and as you can see it has helped me create what you see here.

Here's the link to get a copy of the DVD.

http://www.cgmasters.net/training-dvds/car-modeling-and-texturing/
 
  When I get the 3D car model completed I'll be sure to post the finished project to let you see how it all turned out.   Hopefully a lot sooner than three months this next time around.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment