Monday, December 12, 2016

Model Car Headlights In 15 Minutes Using Blender 3D

The past couple of days I managed to solve a 3D car modeling problem I have been struggling with for a number of years using Blender 3D.  I always have had a problem with creating proper headlights for my car models.  What I did create was not bad but not great.  Great is what I was looking for and I found the last piece of the puzzle last night. 


Here's a headlight that I finally got my brain wrapped around using Blender.  The tough part about modeling a light like the one you see here is getting the lighting right and the prism effect on the headlight surface itself.  I did some investigating online yesterday and with a little bit of info that I did come across I started experimenting.  The end result is what you see here.


I was going to just create images of the workflow but instead I managed to put this video tutorial together to show you step by step how to create car headlights like the one above in under 15 minutes. When you run the video go to YouTube for a bigger view and also make sure you set the viewing to 1080P so the video is nice and sharp. 


For those interested here is the image that you will need to create the headlight that I made in the video.  Just do a right click on the image above and save it to your computer.  Also in the video I talk about a young gentleman named Andrew Price.   He is who I go to learn from and also who I got copies of the Blender Add-On's "Pro Lighting Skies" and "Pro Lighting Studio".  Great add-on for Blender which help turn out great Blender 3D images quickly and easily.  Here is the link to his site for more info.


Hope you enjoy the video tutorial!


8 comments:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post.

    W21 5W Super White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I’ve found your blog, awesome way of explaining each and everything really.

    Philips D3S Bulbs/a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Head light...!!!
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    รถลากจูง

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am only writing to make you be aware of what a perfect experience my friend's girl developed browsing the blog. She came to understand lots of details, most notably what it is like to have a wonderful helping mindset to make men and women quite simply completely grasp specified impossible subject matter. You really did more than our expected results. Thanks for rendering these priceless, dependable, explanatory as well as cool guidance on that topic to Emily.led light 80w 6k single beam USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Dave! I really liked your tutorial and will use it (and the image file you've so kindly provided) to continue with my own models. I think you did a wonderful job with your headlight as well! Thank you so much for making the tutorial. Best one I could find for doing the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
    themotorbiker blog

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete