Thursday, July 25, 2019

The End.

Hello Everyone!

Over the past several months I have debated over and over again whether or not to continue with this blog.  Not that this process has not had it's positive points along the way or that I have had any bad experience because of my efforts.  Neither has been the case. In a few short weeks the blog would have been running for eight years.  A very long time.  

I have been watching the readership numbers go up and down over these past eight years with amazement over having had so many visitors along the way.  Over a half a million readers from around the world in over 100 countries.  In all this time I have never gotten a disrespectful or nasty comment from anyone about the postings I shared with all of you. That alone is quite an accomplishment in itself so I feel very fortunate in being able to say that.  

I had to go back to the postings just out of curiosity to see how many projects that I worked on over these past eight years.  The best I can figure is that the number comes up to roughly 125 different projects.  That averages out to a little over 15 different projects a year.  Again another nice accomplishment over that amount of time. 

All of this has been quite rewarding for me and I want to thank all of you who have followed along on this journey.   I hope that I have given at least some of you some inspiration, enjoyment, and laughter along the way.  With that being said I wanted all of you to know that this will be the last posting on the blog. I have had a great time and now am moving on to other interests.  It has been a great ride and I wish all of you good luck with your projects.  I hope that you will find as much joy as I have in creating something new in your workshop or have come up with a solution to a problem that has been driving you crazy for some time.  Thanks for all the comments and visits to the blog. All of you have made these past eight years worth every minute of effort in the workshop. Best wishes to all of you.

Sincerely,

Dave Langkamp
The Tinker's Workshop

1 comment:

  1. But... But... noooooo! :-).

    More seriously, thank you much for all the wonderful projects you've shared. I've learned a ton of useful techniques for getting professional results on home projects, and you've really expanded my view of just what is possible with some creativity and a willingness to just give it a try and see!
    I'll deeply miss your posts and projects, but they will live on in my projects.
    Thank you again, have a great time on your future adventures, and all the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete