As most of you have already seen on my blog I have been doing a lot of work on a Blender 3D model of a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. The work on this model has not stopped since my last post about this project and I finally completed a small animation today that my computer has been cranking on of this model. All I wanted to do was create a simple animation of my Blender "Bug" rotating 360 degrees around the model to show off all the sides. This ended up being harder than it looks as the first attempt rotated WAY to fast and so the end result was far from satisfying. Just was difficult to see anything with the Bug whizzing around in a circle.
The animation video below is only about a minute long and the camera rotates around the car three times. Once I had gotten the first revolution created I was able to duplicate the frames and complete the video. With the animation running at 24 frames per second one revolution comes to 480 frames. Just to render 480 frames for one revolution took my computer ten days to complete simply because of the detail that was put into the model. One frame renders at anywhere from 15 minutes on up to 30 plus minutes. So this was the reason it took ten days to render this animation. With this running on my computer not much else could be done as it took a lot of computing power just to run Blender for this very detailed model. So without further delay check out the completed video below. I think it turned out very well for my first attempt at showing off the Blender 3D Bug in an animation and making it look a bit more 3D than just a still image. Enjoy!