Thursday, September 22, 2011

Let there be color..... silver and black for starters

I got the Makerbot Semi parts painted today and the big model truck reassembled.  Worked out very well if I do say so myself.  I'm looking forward to printing out the rest of the truck when the QC Co-Lab gets the new colored plastic for the Makerbot that we have been waiting weeks for. Or is that months? Ouch!  Just will have to keep my fingers crossed that our order will show up quickly. 


I really like the look of the exhaust stacks.  The black inserts really show off the exhaust guard holes.  Already the model is 10 inches long and stands almost 6 1/2 inches tall even without the wheels on it. It will be much more impressive once I get the cab and sleeper printed out in bright red plastic.  The model will even have a clear windshield and rear window.  That along with a complete interior which will have seats, steering wheel and a bunk in the sleeper.  Stay tuned for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment