Sunday, September 30, 2018

Blender 3D Lancia Stratos Model Finally Completed...... Pt. 5

I came across an old project that I had started almost a year ago in Blender 3D.  As most of my readers already know I am a big fan of Blender and of modeling vehicles.  I started work on a Lancia Stratos rally car model in Blender 3D almost a year ago.  The last time I posted about this project was back in November of 2017 so I thought I might as well get back at the project and put it finally to rest.


Here is a photo of the real car as it was being produced back in the 1970's. Four hundred and ninety-two of these beautiful rally cars were produced between 1973 and 1978. They were very successful in that time.  I wonder to this day why it was never produced as a production vehicle.  It would have been an amazing car to own and drive I am sure. Anyway I fell in love with this design many years ago and so decided to model it in Blender 3D.  Here is my end result. 

(Click on any image to get a larger view)


I really like how the vehicle turned out. I am even more happy that I had not lost the Blender model during this long delay in finishing it.  I put the finishing touches to the model late this afternoon.


I just had to add a Wisconsin license plate as it seemed only fitting that I should put that on the car of my home state.  I spend a lot of time working on the lighting for my models and with what you see here this project was no exception.  


Here's a nice close look at the detail that I managed to get into the modeling of the rims for the Lancia. These rims are as close as I could get to the original rims that came on the car.  Another nice effort on my part and another great vehicle to add to my Blender 3D vehicle collection.

If you would like to see where I started with this model check out my directory on this blog back in November of 2017.  That is when I did all my ground work for the model.  

No comments:

Post a Comment