Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Improved Tinker's Workshop Title Sequence Using Blender 3D

For the past couple of days I have been putting in a lot of computer time in to correct something that has been bothering me for some time now.  In the videos that I have been putting together for my blog I have a title sequence of the Tinker's Workshop logo that I created using Blender 3D coming together piece by piece and finally the light bulb in the scene turning on.  I was never quite happy with the sequence as it never turned out exactly as I had planned. This morning I managed to put the finishing touches to the video sequence and correct that problem when I managed to tweak the animation to show a better lighting of the light bulb and to clean up the video in the first place. 

I had to figure out why the animation turned out fuzzy in my videos yet the live action was perfectly clear.  It took me a couple of days to get this worked out.  In the live video everything was shot using my High-Definition video camera or HD for short.  To be more precise the video was shot in HD 1080p format.  What was the problem was that the animation had not been saved in HD so my video editing software (Pinnacle Studio Plus) could only do what it could to make the video and with two different formats it was up for grabs as to if it would render a good video at all.  Thus the reason for the fuzzy animation and good live video.


In this image you can see a the problems in the final frame of the original video. The wording at the bottom of the page is definitely blurred and the light bulb just blends into the white background.
In the earlier build videos I also had problems with the animation sequence showing a good lighting of the light bulb and with the end result looking fuzzy. These problems did nothing to help showcase the blog or what project I was making at the time.  


Here is the final frame of the animation as it will now be displayed in any future videos that I will be putting together.  This is a vast improvement over the my first attempt to get this animation sequence the way I had envisioned it from the start. 






Here's the finished animation that I posted on YouTube this morning.  It's only around 13 second long but I am rather proud of how it all turned out.  It will be a great title sequence to use for my upcoming blog videos.  

If you would like more information about Blender 3D software check out their website.


I have been using Blender 3D for over 14 years now and if you take the time to learn it you can make all kinds of great 3D images, animation and even computer games.  The plus side to all of this is that the software is free and there are tons of tutorials online to help you get stated with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment