Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I'm Still Here...... Still Designing And Building

I am sure a lot of you wonder what has happened to me over the past three weeks or better.  Rest assured I am still here and still designing, building, and finally getting back to posting new projects for my blog.  The reason for my absence these past few weeks has been because I have just completed a trip that I promised myself 43 years ago.  I returned to Hawaii after all that time and took a major vacation with my sister who had never been there.  While I was in the Navy 43 years ago I was discharged from the service after serving for four years. My ship was home ported in Pearl Harbor and I always swore that I would return to one of the most beautiful places in the world.  This year I finally made that happen.  My sister and I spent five days in Oahu  and another five days in Maui. What a trip! So just to brighten your spirits as much as mine has been these past weeks here are just a couple of the photos I took from the trip.



So back to the matter at hand.  I have several projects planned that I managed to get halfway worked out while I was resting on the beach that will be coming up soon.  The first project that is currently on my workbench is a carrying case for the spaceship that I completed a couple of months ago.  I still have a little tweaking to do on the case before I can finish painting it and then final assembly will wrap things up in short order.  Hopefully in the next week or so.  

I also have a new British flag display that has been rolling around in my head that I thought I would put together to hang in my garage being as I am a big British car nut and drive a Mini Cooper to prove it.  Also I have plans for a small light display for a glass world globe.  The globe is not very large. Maybe the size of a baseball but having it sit on a base that is lit up would show it off nicely on a desktop. 

Along with these projects I have thought also about redoing my 3D printed iPad video teleprompter.  The one I originally build a number of years ago is to small to be used with my iPad Pro so again this would be a nice project to revisit. 

So as I said earlier I have not disappeared and the blog is still alive and well. All I have to do is get back to work in the shop and start posting on a regular basis again. After all of the driving, air miles, and walking I have done over the past few weeks it is great to be back home once again to my sleepy little town and a nice workshop.  I'll be posting about new projects very soon so be assured that everything is back to normal as usual.  Enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment