Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Mind Boggling R/C Model Making..... "I'm Not Worthy!"



I was doing some work in my workroom yesterday and while I was 3D printing some large parts I was also surfing on the Internet as I usually do.  This kills some time while waiting for the 3D printer to complete whatever part it is making.  While killing time I came across an amazing video of a radio controlled model truck being constructed.  Various materials were used in this 1/6th scale 1961 Dodge D100 pickup which was crafted by Konstatin Bogdanov. All of it built way beyond my skill level.


One of the main things that peaked my interest in this video was that the truck was designed using Blender 3D.  Not a design software in any sense of the word and not my choice of software to design anything but this has led me to look into the process further to see how it was done.  After watching the video my eyes have been opened as far as the design work goes. Then the build was started and I was further blown away by the expert skill level of this amazing modeler.  


I usually get comments from people I meet about the projects I build that amaze me by the responses that I hear.  I classify these comments as the typical "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" type of response.  So I have no hesitation in saying  the same for this builder of this model truck with all honesty I have to say "I'm Not Worthy!"   Check out the video and you will understand why I bow down to this amazing builder and give him a standing ovation for his modeling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment