Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Miniature Foldable Bowling Alley For Kids!

Time for me to get all of you caught up once again with a couple of the projects that I have been playing around with here at the workshop.  Work is still progressing on the carrying case for the Titan spaceship project but has stalled a little bit over the past couple of days simply because of the 90 degree temperatures that have landed on the Midwest.  But tomorrow promises to be cooler so I should be able to get back to work on that project.  Also in the works and the main reason for my posting today is a project that will be a terrific present for my grandson later on this year.  A miniature bowling alley!


Here is my design for the bowling alley and it looks very similar to other toy bowling alleys that you can find online. But I made the following improvements to the design.


With my new design the bowling alley now is foldable so it makes the perfect storage container to hold the ball and pins when the game is stored away and not being played.  This and the fact that the alley when it is being played is four feet long can now be shrunk down to only 2' x 1' x 1.7" in size which makes it easier to store and less likely to loose any of the pins or the ball.  Locks will be added to the bowling alley and of course a handle so it will be easy to carry from place to place.  The special double hinge for the bowling alley is made up of 3D printed parts that are mounted together with screws and bolts to make up the folding mechanism work for the project.


I came across a picture of a nice little bowling alley for kids a few years ago and stashed away for future use.  I had this idea to improve on the original design so now is the time to start work on it.  I put together this little video to explain it all further and give you a better idea of what I have in mind. Once I start putting things together I will put out the second post about this little project as I know it will be a lot of fun to play with and be a great project in the process too.  So enjoy the video. 


For a full screen view of the video select the YouTube icon and view it there.




No comments:

Post a Comment